This event is for ANHWP Builder Members only
Learn how to respond to homeowner concerns regarding water-intrusion and mould, specifically if it may be attributed to a workmanship issue. This webinar will provide ANHWP Builder Members with Alberta-specific information, presented by industry-expert Dave Ayriss, Senior Occupational Hygienist at Golder Associates Ltd.
- Introduction and background on mould
- Brief overview of the building envelope and building assemblies, including vulnerable building components
- Health risks associated with mould contamination
- Regulations and guidelines
- How to conduct a basic mould assessment and testing
- Steps for mould remediation
- Additional training for homebuilders
About the speaker
Dave Ayriss has over 23 years of experience in the Occupational Health, Hygiene and Safety fields. Dave’s educational background includes a Bachelor of Science degree in biological sciences from the University of Alberta in Edmonton. His professional designations include being a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), and a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP). He has provided guidance to a variety of clients in the construction, oil and gas, government, educational and manufacturing industries throughout Western Canada. His areas of expertise include assessing chemical, physical and biological contaminants within the workplace; indoor air quality; soil vapour intrusion; radon; noise; lighting; ventilation assessments; and the design and management of mould, asbestos, mercury, and lead remediation projects.