Located in Calgary, Alberta
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies is Alberta’s most experienced, most trusted new home warranty provider. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of homeowners and our Builder Members.
We’re building our team and are looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to perform risk analysis on current and potential builder members through new member applications, Builder Member renewals, multi-family project applications, and other risk monitoring activities in order to identify and subsequently mitigate organizational risk.
Support the development of sound operational risk knowledge and efficiency across the organization by maintaining current policies and procedures, identifying and recommending changes or improvements as required, and providing support to staff as a risk subject matter expert.
- Identify and monitor potential problem risk situations or Builders to create valuable data and insight into builder and product performance in order to improve ongoing risk analysis.
- Investigate credit worthiness of individuals and business entities and exercise sound judgment to approve, amend, or deny application requests in a timely manner within delegated authority.
- Periodically review and audit Builder Member renewals, memberships, and multi-family projects to ensure data are current, conditions of membership are maintained, and that any concerns/changes in risk status are mitigated.
- Support the development of the Organization’s methodology for risk assessment and control including risk identification tools (business process analysis, risk, and control gap analysis, etc.), risk assessment tools, and risk monitoring tools.
- Maintain security documentation.
- Support the review, analysis, and evaluation of documentation, process flows, and data models to contribute to the development and/or improvement of business and functional requirements.
- Interact with the Claims Assessment department to ensure communication occurs on problem claims assessment files that impact membership and Pre-Possession Insurance files.
- Provide analysis and exposure evaluation on builder failures and work together with the Claims Assessment department on these problem files.
- Participate in identifying Builder Members that are not meeting their financial obligations to the Organization or have not met the terms of their membership with The Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) and determine a course of action to best mitigate the imposed risk.
- Support enterprise risk management initiatives.
- Build customer relationships to enhance the business operations between ANHWP and its membership.
- Interact with the Business Development of ANHWP as required to effectively deliver a positive customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Education Requirements
- 5+ years operating in an underwriting function credit risk management, risk management or insurance
- Strong knowledge of security and risk mitigation techniques is a must.
- Critical thinking, highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of accounting and auditing principles, risk and control standards, and best practices
- Experience in various aspects of risk management
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Power BI experience
- Salesforce Experience
Deadline to apply: Friday, Nov. 20, 2020
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please. This position is based in Calgary, Alberta; permanent remote work is not available.