Calgary, Alberta | Term May 24, 2022 – Aug. 19 2022
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies (ANHWP Group) is Alberta’s most experienced and most trusted new home warranty provider and educator for homebuilders. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of homeowners and our Builder Members.
This position resides with The Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) and works alongside The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (NHWICC) and the Professional Home Builders Institute of Alberta (PHBI).
The People & Culture Administrator will be responsible for providing support to the People & Culture department. You will assist with a digital and technology transformation of our employee records as well as develop and design an employee Recognition Program. You will gain exposure to our talent acquisition process and occupational health and safety program.
The primary responsibilities of the People & Culture Administrator are:
- Audit, organize and digitalize employee files
- Upload and organize documents into the HRIS
- Design a Recognition Program for the organization
- Update internal policies to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Assist with various OH&S initiatives
- Pre-screen candidates and conduct reference checks
- Identify improvement opportunities
Qualifications & skills
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary education, in Human Resources or Business Administration with a focus on Human Resources, or related area and returning to a post-secondary institution following your work term. Candidates must be at least in the 2nd year of their Program.
- Available and legally authorized to work in Canada for a 13 week full time work-term
- Previous work experience in an administrative capacity, office setting and/or Human Resources would be considered an asset
- You have the ability to manage confidential information, are discrete and ethical
- You are a critical thinker, solutions orientated and have a high attention to detail
- A background in Human Resources
- Experience with a HR Information System would be beneficial
Why you should join us
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies offers challenging and meaningful work, a positive work environment with amazing colleagues. You will enjoy a hybrid/remote work structure, on the job training and Company events.