Located in Calgary, Alberta
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) is an independent, not-for-profit leader and innovator of new home warranty, proudly serving new homeowners and homebuilders since 1974. Our mission is to empower the best homeownership experience and we’re proud of our more than 45 year history providing homeowners with innovative new home warranty products, and the Builder Members who have worked hard to create new homes of uncompromising value for more than 100,000 families along the way. We’re also the leading provider of new home warranty products in western Canada, through our subsidiary company, the Canadian Home Warranty Protection Program (CHWPP), serving new homeowners and our Builder Members in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Within the ANHWP Group of Companies is also the Professional Home Builders Institute; the premium provider of quality education for the residential construction industry in Canada.
This position resides with The Alberta New Home Warranty Program (the “Organization”) and is also responsible for leadership and similar activities for The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (“NHWICC”), Professional Home Builders Institute of Alberta (“PHBI”), CHWPP Insurance Brokers Inc. and other affiliated entities (collectively “affiliated entities”).
Responsible for the delivery of human resource services and ensures consistency of approach, adherence to applicable legislation and alignment with the strategic direction of the businesses. Maintains and enhances human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices for the Organization and affiliated entities.
Working closely with the senior management team to provide leadership and direction for the talent attraction, total compensation, training and development, inclusion and diversity, and performance management while promoting a positive and collaborative team culture.
- Develop a comprehensive HR Strategy based on the business plan, operational needs and the resource requirements of the Organization.
- Provide strategic guidance to the President & CEO and senior leaders
- Facilitating the recruitment, onboarding and offboarding processes
- Managing the Group’s short term incentive program (STIP) compensation program; working with Finance on calculations and budgeting
- Administering total compensation programs, ensuring compensation is compliant with Corporate Policy
- Work with Finance to ensure that standard deductions and payroll obligations are met
- Oversee training and development processes and implement programs per business and human resources plan
- Understanding and ensuring compliance to all relevant Employment Standards, Human Rights legislation and legal requirements
- Monitor and develop human resource policies and procedures
- Oversee disciplinary issues, harassment investigations and conflict resolution
- Develop and implement inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Ensure performance management programs are implemented and adding value
- Manage succession planning, recognition, and retention programs
- Provide leadership and direction to the human resources team
- Provide coaching and advice to employees and leaders
- Maintain human resources’ records accurately and in compliance with audit requirements
- Contract with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies, guidelines and procedures
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations
- Develop, implement, train and maintain up-to-date guidelines, processes and procedures
- 8-10 years of experience in progressive human resources organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Human Resource Management or equivalent
- Knowledge of employment standards, human rights and relevant legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach other to achieve organizational and personal goals and targets
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the businesses
- Demonstrated people leader with outstanding team building skills
- Positive attitude and recognition of the value of inclusion and diversity
- CPHR designations is an asset
Our employees are currently working remotely from home with the intent to meet a graduated return to the office work plan prior to year end.