Located in Calgary, Alberta
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies (“the Program”) is Alberta’s most experienced and most trusted new home warranty provider and educator for new homebuilders. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of new homeowners and our Builder Members.
This position resides with The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (NHWICC) and works alongside the Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) and the Professional Home Builders Institute of Alberta (PHBI).
Primary job duties
Reporting to the Contact Centre Operations Lead, this role provides support to internal and external stakeholders. The primary objective of this role is to provide superior service as the first point of contact for all customers, including Builder Members, Policy holders, and Homeowners.
The role provides solutions to the various incoming contacts using best practices to obtain results that are in the best interest of the Program and our customers.
- Effectively and efficiently answer incoming inquiries (calls, emails, walk-ins, etc.) regarding all aspects of new home warranty and ensuring accurate information and customer service
- Efficiently and accurately support operations related to new home enrolments and possessions
- Fully utilize CRM and other electronic tools to maximize customer service and data management
- Perform records management for the purpose of supporting appropriate business units
- Ensure that all reports and other communications with homeowners, builders, management and other parties are consistent with department and Organization guidelines.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments to achieve mutual goals and objectives.
- Suggest new or improved procedures and processes and maintain existing procedures and processes.
- Assist with the implementation of approved changes to policies and procedures.
- Assist other departmental teams in responding to inquiries and fostering relationships with existing clients.
- Perform data entry and ensure that all communications are accurate.
- Update and maintain database(s) and track documents as necessary.
- Identify data integrity failures and other administrative issues and rectify or advise management
- Participate in and provide input and support in a team focused environment.
- Provide professional, detailed, and organized diligence to assigned duties.
Experience & requirements
The successful applicant must possess one of the following combinations of education and experience:
- High school or GED and at least three to four years of relevant experience OR
- A completed certificate, diploma or degree and at least one to two years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience is defined as: Contact centre operations, customer service, database management
- Previous experience in warranties and/or with home builders is considered an asset
- Familiarity of ANHWP products, offerings and processes is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- High Proficiency in MS Office
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM is preferred
- Sound judgment and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize workload and formulate recommendations
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously demonstrating effective time management skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Able to conduct oneself in a courteous and professional manner at all times
Our employees are currently working remotely. Once AHS restrictions are lifted, our Remote Work Policy allows employees to work remotely up to four days per week but is based on operational needs.