Located in Calgary and/or Edmonton, Alberta, with flexibility to base the position where the most suited candidate resides.
Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies is Alberta’s most experienced, most trusted new home warranty provider. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of homeowners and our Builder Members.
The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (NHWICC) has an immediate vacancy for a Claims Resolution Advisor and Project Coordinator. The successful incumbent will manage files in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Claims Assessment Department.
This role provides an integral service and technical resource for NHWICC in the following areas:
- Manage and action claims files to ensure timelines, budgets and strategic goals are met
- Project manage claims assessment files to resolution using contracted remediation resources.
- Develop accurate and complete project remediation plans and ensure the execution and resolution of these plans.
- Provide enhanced communications between the Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP), Builder Members and homeowners related to claims activities, progress and policies and procedures.
- Manage and action claims files to ensure timelines and strategic goals are met, bringing closure to all actionable issues as identified in the claims assessment report and completing file closure.
- Liaise between the organization, our customers and associated stakeholders including follow-ups and action plans related to claims resolution files; ensuring that file information is up to date and complete and CRM is updated.
- Support claims department in reporting and analysis to drive understanding and improvements.
- Support process improvement projects.
Manage selected Claims Repair Projects
- Project managing claim files from project scoping to closure.
- Determine & source resources (contractors) required to deliver and complete the project/s.
- Provide project estimates and quotes for in house repairs claim resolution.
- Responsible for project costs – estimating, review, sign off and cost recovery.
- Communicate regularly with homeowners and builders to assess their needs and expectations to ensure accurate delivery of specifications and to manage any issues through to resolution.
- Provide project updates, cost, and schedule reports for internal and external stakeholders, as necessary.
- Provide direction and motivation to trades in order to overcome obstacles and reach project objectives within time limits and budget.
- Manage all documentation relating to quality control and project safety plan.
- Produce and maintain process flow documentation for projects and implement consistency within the processes.
- Work with all project members to ensure safe practices are adhered to.
- Conduct project closure reviews to ensure learning.
- Identify additional revenue opportunities arising from the project delivery and client contact.
- Inspect homes as needed on behalf of customers, make assessments and provide reports on the physical condition of property (in person or using virtual technology).
- Act as a source of technical expertise within the organization and affiliated entities.
- External liaison between NHWICC, their customers and affiliated stakeholders. Some travel will be required.
- Attendance at industry related functions.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing construction projects.
- Experience working with architects, trades, homeowners, builders.
- Experience managing supply chain/vendor management.
- Understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements relating to the industry.
- Strong knowledge of residential home building construction techniques
- Technically proficient in latest construction techniques
- Experienced in technical solutions and managing project complexity
- Project Management of residential construction
- Experience with estimating software
- Knowledge of warranty or insurance products and services
Customer Influence (education, training, selling, service)
- Highly credible with customers
- Skilled in sales and negotiation
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to build and maintain sustainable customer relationships
- Has a strong network of contacts within the industry
Communication (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – communication must be clear and concise
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all stakeholders
Leadership (managing people, departments, operations, counseling)
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Works well under significant pressure, maintains equilibrium in a complex environment – resilient
- Provides client expertise and instills confidence in client project teams
- Ability to coordinate and lead numerous individuals and activities to achieve project success
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Ability to effectively influence across the organization and affiliated entities.
Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.