Located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies (ANHWP Group), is Alberta’s most experienced and most trusted new home warranty provider and educator for homebuilders. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of homeowners and our Builder Members.
This position resides with The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (NHWICC) and works alongside the Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) and the Professional Home Builders Institute of Alberta (PHBI).
NHWICC has an immediate vacancy for a Claim Assessor & Technical Advisor. The successful incumbent will manage files in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Claims Assessment Department. This position represents ANHWP Group in a professional manner, providing technical assistance to Builder Members of ANHWP as well as to homeowners.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of residential construction or equivalent education and experience is required
- Holding a construction related certificate will be considered an asset but is not a requirement
- This is a fast-paced and rewarding position for someone who is self-motivated, enjoys working in a team environment and establishing and maintaining working relationships
- Excellent time management, written and oral communication skills and technical know-how
- Ability to plan and prioritize different tasks as well as deal with change
- Ability to write and edit reports
- Availability to be in the office (in Calgary) as needed
- Have drivers license and own a vehicle
Why you should join us
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies offers challenging and meaningful work, a positive work environment with amazing colleagues. Our benefit package includes:
- Hybrid/remote work structure
- Annual short-term incentive pay (bonus program)
- Paid sick time and flex days
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Pension plan (RPP company matching)
- On the job training
- Company events
- Progressive corporate culture that supports our greatest assets – our people
Our employees are currently working remotely. Once AHS restrictions are lifted, our Remote Work Policy allows employees to work remotely up to four days per week but is based on operational needs.