Located in Calgary and/or Edmonton, Alberta, with flexibility to base the position where the most suited candidate resides.
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies (ANHWP Group), is Alberta’s most experienced and most trusted new home warranty provider and educator for homebuilders. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of homeowners and our Builder Members.
This position resides with The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (NHWICC) and works alongside the Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) and the Professional Home Builders Institute of Alberta (PHBI).
NHWICC has an immediate vacancy for a Claim Assessor & Technical Advisor. The successful incumbent will manage files in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Claims Assessment Department. This position represents ANHWP Group in a professional manner, providing technical assistance to Builder Members of ANHWP as well as to homeowners.
The primary responsibilities of the Claim Assessor & Technical Advisor are:
- Complete claims assessment inspections and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures in a timely manner
- Manage files to ensure that timelines and strategic goals are met
- Conduct thorough claims assessment of all issues that have been identified
- Provide clear, concise and professional reports in a timely manner to the homeowners and Builder Members
- Bring closure to all disputed issues as identified in the claims assessment
- Ensure file information is up to date and complete
- Provide technical opinions to staff and Builder Members of ANWHP
- Liaise between ANHWP, Builder Members and homeowners.
- Maintain and build relationships with the Builder Members of ANHWP
- Provide a high level of commitment to serve clients in a professional manner
- Complete training as required for the position
- Participate in and provide input in a team focused environment
- Attend industry functions (i.e, Builder Breakfasts, Technical Committees and Home Builder functions) to stay current with industry developments
- Attend Arbitration or Litigation proceedings as required.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of new home construction experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with Builder Members
- Strong technical knowledge of new home construction
- Industry knowledge of acceptable building practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Relationship builder and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of warranty or insurance products and services
- Understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements relating to the industry
- Very strong technically and at least on a par with senior construction managers within residential home builder groups
- Ability to write and edit reports
Our employees are currently working remotely. Once AHS restrictions are lifted, our Remote Work Policy allows employees to work remotely up to four days per week but is based on operational needs.