Claim Assessor & Technical Advisor
Located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies (ANHWP Group), is Alberta’s most experienced and most trusted new home warranty provider and educator for homebuilders. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of homeowners and our Builder Members.
This position resides with The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (NHWICC) and works alongside the Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) and the Professional Home Builders Institute of Alberta (PHBI).
Reporting to the Claims Manager, the successful incumbent will manage files in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Claims Assessment Department. This position represents the Organization in a professional manner, providing technical assistance to Builder Members of The Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) as well as to the Homeowners.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and has hybrid work flexibility.
The primary responsibilities of the Claims Assessor/Technical Advisor are:
- Complete claims assessment inspections and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures in a timely manner
- Manage files to ensure that timelines and strategic goals are met
- Conduct thorough claims assessment of all issues that have been identified to the Organization
- Provide clear, concise and professional reports in a timely manner to the Homeowner and Builder
- Bring closure to all disputed issues as identified in the claims assessment
- Ensure file information is up to date and complete
- Provide technical opinions to staff and Builder Members of ANWHP
- Liaise between ANHWP, Builder Members and Homeowners.
- Maintain and build relationships with the Builder Members of ANHWP
- Provide a high level of commitment to serve the Organization’s clients in a professional manner
- Complete training as required for the position
- Participate in and provide input in a team focused environment
- Attend industry functions (i.e, Builder Breakfasts, Technical Committees and Home Builder functions) to stay current with industry developments
- Attend Arbitration or Litigation proceedings as required.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 + years of new home construction experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with Builder members
- Strong technical knowledge of new home construction
- Industry knowledge of acceptable building practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, relationship builder, interpersonal skills, self-motivated
- Knowledge of warranty or insurance products and services
- Understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements relating to the industry
- Very strong technically and at least on a par with senior construction managers within residential home builder groups
- Ability to write and edit reports
Why you should join us:
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies offers challenging and meaningful work, a positive work environment with amazing colleagues. Our benefit package includes:
- Hybrid/remote work structure
- Annual short-term incentive pay (bonus program)
- Paid sick time and flex days
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Pension plan (RPP company matching)
- On the job training
- Company events
- Progressive corporate culture that supports our greatest assets – our people