This is a term position until December 31, 2021
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program Group of Companies is Alberta’s most experienced, most trusted new home warranty provider. As Alberta’s leader in new home warranty products and services for over 45 years, we continue to raise the bar to meet the needs of homeowners and our Builder Members.
This is initially a part-time term position that could move into full time by December 31, 2021.
The Accounting Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes filing, maintaining and updating financial spreadsheets and performing other duties of the finance department. The Accounting Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, stipends, and any other accounting transactions related to accounting policy. This position involves diplomatic interaction to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate daily bank reconciliations. This individual will work a minimum of 32 hours per week (preference will be Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday).
- Collaborate with Senior Accountant to maintain performance levels
- Enter data and update financial spreadsheets
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers
- Review bills to the company for potential discrepancies
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions
- Post data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P A/R batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P A/R policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the finance department
Education and Experience Requirements
- Accounting diploma or working towards accounting degree or diploma coupled with a minimum of 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years’ direct experience in an A/P capacity, Great Plains (GP 2018) experience a must
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices
- Possess high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
- Experience gathering /compiling data, and preparing financial reports
- Ability to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite, specifically Excel
- Intermediate proficiency with Great Plains 2018 accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications.
- Effective attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with others
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
Our employees are currently working remotely from home with the intent to meet a graduated return to the office work plan prior to year end.