Non-essential claims resume on June 15
As we adjust to the relaxation of Alberta Health Services guidelines around COVID-19 and move into phase two of Alberta’s relaunch strategy, our New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (NHWICC) Claims Assessment team will resume non-essential warranty claim inspections starting on Monday, June 15.
We are processing claims in the order which they were filed, with the exception of safety-sensitive claims which are given priority.
What to expect before the inspection
Our Claims assessment team will reach out to schedule your claim via email. They will also send an Authorization to Enter Home notice, which outlines our updates safety protocols and requests permission to enter your home. If you are uncomfortable with an inspection taking place, or if you or a family member is feeling unwell, the inspection will be postponed until a later date.
What to expect during the inspection
Our increased safety protocols include:
- Temperature screening
- All inspection equipment will be cleaned with a disinfectant prior to use for inspection and disinfected when returned to storage
- Claims assessors will wash their hands thoroughly before and after inspections and will wear Nitrile gloves when conducting the inspection.
- All claims assessors will follow the suggestions of Alberta Health Services including:
- Thoroughly and frequently wash their hands after contact with others.
- Will not accept drinks/food from Homeowners.
- Remember to cover their mouth with a tissue or their sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid physical contact such as handshakes.
- Regular laundering of clothing/uniform’s worn to claims assessments.
- Shoes will be removed when entering homes.
- Minimize physical contact with the contents of the home except for when necessary to assess the issue during the inspection.
Questions about claims assessments? Contact us